Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Refashioned sweaters bonanza!

Recently I've been inspired by the blog http://grosgrainfabulous.blogspot.com/ and I've aspired to refashion several sweaters for myself.  My goal was to pay two dollars or less for each sweater.  Here are a couple of my sweater remakes.  They look better on than they do on a hanger, the light blue one is the same sweater I have on in my profile picture.  I have had so much fun wearing them and will post more of them in the future.

Sweater #1: Before
 After...


I took up the sweater along the sides for a better fit and added lace down the front along with new rhinestone buttons.  Everything was thrifted and cost around 2.00 total! 


Sweater #2:  Before

After...

Again I took this sweater up on the sides (it was an XL) and then removed the buttons.  I added crochet lace around the opening and a sort of frog closure where I put a length of elastic under each button and then had the elastic wrap around the opposite button to make a closure.  I've really enjoyed this one too!  The sweater was thrifted along with the buttons and the lace was given to me by my Mother-in-law.  The lace is really beautiful close up.  I believe this one cost around 1.50!  I'm totally hooked on remaking sweaters now and love that I can give an old sweater new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome!