Saturday, January 12, 2013

Finished project for me and some works in progress

Here is the finished project that was solely for me. I love selfish sewing like this and this is the first piece of satisfying sewing I've done for myself since our little baby G was born.
Granted these pictures are terrible but you get the general idea of the peter pan collar. I would have used the timer on the camera but those pictures were even worse. And for good measure here is some baby goodness enjoying her time on the deck in the sunshine.
Her hair was blowing in the breeze and super adorable but I couldn't catch a good shot of it for the blog. Finally here are two works in progress that I hope turn out well. One is for the baby's circus themed room and the other is for a place in the house yet to be determined. I loved the shape of the lamp but it needs paint or polish, not sure which one. The carousel is cute but I think it needs to be painted white. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Handmade Christmas

As promised to my sister here are some of the handmade items I gave to my two sweet peas this Christmas.
This is the Red Riding Hood cape and basket I made AJ for dress-up/pretend. Hopefully she can get out in the backyard soon and run around collecting sticks.
This is the blue velvet dress I made for little baby G. It has gray buttons made from shells and the bloomers have a little dutch tulip pattern.
This is a house coat for AJ from the book Making Children's Clothes. I ran out of the Hello Kitty fabric so had to substitute the pink polka dot fabric.
And this is my current project for myself. I drafted a peter pan collar for a Simplicity pattern using the peter pan collar tutorial on Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing. A great reference blog for sewing garments. I'll let you know how it turns out! Its been a good low key challenge for me. Have a great day and happy sewing!

Friday, January 4, 2013

Winter wardrobe for the 4 year old

This post was to be published this past fall but I just couldn't get around to it.  So here are some of the clothes I sewed for AJ's winter wardrobe. 

This dress was made with the Crafty Cloe series from Heather Ross at Hancocks. You can see that it is a Simplicity pattern since I scribbled it on the chalkboard.
The shift dress was a pattern that has been lingering for ages just waiting to be sewn. I've loved and hoarded that bird fabric for too long and finally cut into it. The skirt has some velveteen ribbon around the edges of it that I've been waiting to use as well. Its from a childrens sewing book that I've used numerous times and continue to love. I will be back with some pictures of the Christmas sewing I did for my little ones soon!