Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Cutter Quilt Embroidery Hoops

I made these embroidery hoops last fall for a festival where I shared a booth with a friend.  I was looking for a way to display the artistry of a quilt that I found at an antique store.  The quilt had a huge hole in the middle and someone had used it as a drop cloth as well.  It still had beautiful patches that I think make beautiful animals on my embroidery hoops. 
I love the way this rabbit appears to be bouncing!

Squirrel with an embroidered acorn.
Squirrel with a clover at her foot.

I'm trying to decide what to give AJ for Valentine's day and I was thinking of hanging one of these in her room for her gift.  This year I feel like I can celebrate the holidays a little more with her since she now notices the decorations.  For about two weeks she's been calling every heart she sees a "balentine."  She also loves to help so last night we made Valentines to hang in our picture window.  I cut hearts from brown cardboard and she (with Micah assisting) decorated them with glitter, sequins and crayons.  They look festive hanging in our front window and bring me cheer during these short winter days.     

2 comments:

  1. I just love these! They are so cute! Your are so clever. Love it that AJ is saying "balentine" that is so cute. We will be gearing up for Valentines day soon. Making cards for classmates and cookies for dad. Happy early Valentines Day <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I like them and think I will hang one of the squirrels in AJ's room. Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!