Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Ruby Star Wrapping: The Resplendent Rose

This post is for the Ruby Star Wrap-Along contest at the Sew Mama Sew Blog.  I chose to do the project called The Resplendent Rose which was featured on another blog.  I did my project as a sort of riff off of the project since I've made fabric roses before (I just never thought to use them on packages!).  I combined the roses with mesh bags from produce that I'd saved for a few months.  My hope was to incorporate them in my Christmas wrappings some how, so I just mashed all those ideas together and came up with these packages.
 
 
Heres a shot from closer up and with a little distance.  I'm still figuring out the lighting in our new home. 
 
This one is wrapped with some gingham fabric scraps and you can see the produce bag peeking out behind the flower.


This one is wrapped in a vintage sheet scrap and has a black produce bag behind the Resplendent Rose! 

Heres a close up of the rose.  All of the materials used to wrap both of these presents came directly from my scrap bag of fabrics!  So this project is a great scrapbuster.  Well happy wrapping everyone and I'll be back soon with a post of all the Christmas crafts I've done with AJ this year!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! You have been busy! Love the rose. It is beautiful and if you hadn't told me that the black net was once a produce bag I would have never guessed it. Great way to recycle or upcycle :) I love your wrapping paper. Can't wait to see the Christmas crafts! Love ya, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly! The package with the yellow rose is Maddi's so you can take all those adornments home with you if you want to. I can't wait to post the Christmas crafts too, I need to take those pictures soon. Sending love to you and can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!