It needed some de-frumping. I took off the buttons, took off the white embroidered modesty panel and resized the whole thing.
Scallops on garments is a trend I've just noticed. I love the scallops on this Meghan Nielson skirt. This will most likely be my next sewing project.
The next top I finished I pieced together from three different patterns. Here's the patterns:
I used the pockets from the Cynthia Rowley pattern, the main body from the vintage pattern, and the wide straps from the Butterick pattern. I also cut off the main body of the vintage pattern to make it into a top rather than a dress. I have never "remixed" patterns before and am really glad I tried this. I now know how to put inset pockets in the side of a garment. Turns out its not hard at all!!
I can't blog without mentioning the little sweet pea. She has become attached to a new hair do and I think it is the cutest thing.
She recently watched the movie The Rescuers (a childhood favorite of mine) and the main character wears two ponytails. AJ wanted her hair to be like "Penny's."
Pointing and saying "I want the mickey mouse magnet." AJ and I were making cookies for a friend that was coming over to visit and she loved helping. The shirt she is wearing is another peasant top that I've made for her summer wardrobe. It has these cute chickens with scarves on it.
And here's one final photo of me during my "photo shoot" with Micah. Whenever he takes my pictures for the blog he always does some kind of paparazzi shenanigans. This time he was singing the song Paparazzi while clicking the camera at lightening speed. It never fails to get to me.
Well that wraps us up for this Saturday! Talk to you soon!