Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Hand embroidery and a magazine for my sista!

I've had an old magazine for some time now that I wanted to copy for my sister.  She makes cute pin cushions that look like mice (look at her mice pin cushions here: Holly's pincushion mice) and everytime I see this magazine at my house I think of her.  Well my thrift store karma was good to me again and today I found another copy of the magazine for 5 cents!  I could not believe it when I saw the magazine, to find it once was cool but to find it again means that it is meant to be!
So Holly this magazine is coming to you!  It may take me a month to get it off but its coming!!!
Also since my machine is at the "day spa" for a little well overdue pampering (the poor machine, I've been rough on it, especially, I think, when I made a ton of cloth diapers for AJ about a year ago) I've been working on some hand embroidery.  These particular bags I hope to make into pencil pouches with bright, colorful zippers. 
I've really enjoyed sketching and coming up with simple, everyday objects to embroider.  They are embroidered on natural linen.  The fabric next to it is some vintage decorator fabric.  Well its naptime for my tidbit so gotta go!

1 comment:

  1. Man!! That is one luck sista!! Giddy, Giddy, Giddy--happy dance!!! I am so lucky....That magazine looks with a capital A--Aweeeesome!!! Your embroidery is wonderful. You are doing such a great job, can't wait to see the finished product!! Love the mod fabric too.
    Hope "Neena" comes back from her spa treatment refreshed and ready to sew sew sew. Nothing like being snowed in and you can't even sew >:P
    Thank goodness for hand embroidery.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!