Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Self-printed rayon and Laurel pattern

This whole project is a result of my not paying attention to the heat setting of the iron and scorching my entire yardage of red rayon.  The scorches where faint but at the right angle you could see the pattern of the iron...ugghhh.  So I was motivated to make the fabric a print and also had a good excuse to paint it since I really had nothing to lose! 
I used some fabric paint that I've had in my stash for a while. 

AJ really liked this heart print and wanted a dress for herself from it! 
 
The stamps were made of craft foam cut into shapes.  Its the craft foam that all those kids stickers are made from, know the one's I mean Holly? 
So here's the shirt and I used the Colette Laurel pattern.  Its a fairly simple pattern with lots of room for embellishment and alterations. 
Here's the close up of the neckline.  I've been trying to stash bust my trims and laces.  This is a tiny black loop trim.  Its hard to see here but I love the simple effect.  Hopefully I can get some pictures of me in it soon.  I also made a dress from the heart fabric but it didn't turn out as well so we'll see if I have the courage to put it out there!  Happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Look at you!! This is one adorable top! If you hadn't let your little secret out, I would have thought that you bought this wonderful fabric preprinted. Yes, you will have to show us the dress. I am sure it is so cute! We are planning to come and see you all this summer. Let me know what date works for you: we do have a graduation, belly button surgery and some extra teeth that need pulling but we are going to try our best to come to your house! sending everyone our love, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am always thinking that I wish I could find Rayon prints I love, but until hadn't thought of printing it myself! Yall really have your summer cut out for you and we'd love to have you. We'll pull out the kiddy pool and my craft tent and sit out in the yard drinking smoothies! Love to all, E

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!