Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My "new" favorite piece of furniture.

My thrift store karma was really good the day that I lucked up on this cabinet.  Its an old china cabinet that I'm using to store my fabric, craft books and various sewing odd and ends.  I like the look of the wood and hope this picture captures how beautiful it is and how it was well loved by its previous owners (as evidenced by the worn places).  I guess I've always thought of china cabinets as a piece of furniture that displays items but is never used.  This one was definitely used and served a purpose that kept its owners going back to it over and over.  I like to think it has a second life of usefulness in our home.  I also love the way it lets me stare at my fabrics and appreciate their beauty.  

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute!! Love the idea. Maybe i can bring some new life into my old china cabinet. Way to go sis!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!